While there are a few exceptions, most people prefer to work with specialists, not just in their field of expertise but by industry too. But why? How does it benefit you as a customer?
- Time saving – if you work with an industry specialist, they will already have a good level of understanding about the market you operate in so won’t need as much of your time briefing them on your company, products and supply chain, which allows more time for delivering the expertise you’re paying for.
- Expertise – Specialists are experts in their field, so will have seen what works and what doesn’t and can offer the best advice as a result.
- Identify Opportunities – Working with a wide range of companies in the same industry, means specialists may hear of opportunities relevant to your business that you wouldn’t otherwise have known about.
- Solution Provider – Even if you’re not quite sure what you need, a specialist will be able to look at your business, listen to your problems and offer a solution that will work in the context of your industry.
- Recommendations – It’s easier to talk and relate to existing customers of a potential supplier if they’re in the same industry as you. Hopefully you’ll find plenty of happy customers that will explain why working with a specialist has helped their business.
The Consultancy is a specialist in the field of online initiatives, but also specialises in the window, door and glazing industries. Our customers tell us it’s better for them but what’s your view – specialist or generalist?